TV-OUT on laptop causes major damage, fire / shock

Thomas Bruno crweb at vwords.com
Fri Dec 3 16:19:46 CST 2004

I got the following e-mail reply from dell:

-----CUT---------

Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support.

Ronnie, if I have understood it correctly, you are concerned about the
smoke coming from the Laptop while trying to connect TV through TV Out
connector and also the RCA cable melted because of this.

I apologize and truly regret any inconvenience this matter may have
caused.

Please provide the information requested below so I can setup the
service to arrange for the system to be replaced.

This proves dell e-mail techs can't read, i posted the same story to
them, word for word here, I never said the laptop smoked.  I said the TV
caught on fire. and the wire melted