Need Help: Linux Client - Roadrunner Cable Modem -Sygate

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Fri Oct 22 18:06:38 CDT 1999

There's a small problem with DSL.  You must be within 18,000 cable-feet of
the switch station.  I live about 25,000 feet away from my switch which
translates into at least another $25/month for DSL.  Cable and DSL both have
their "ups" and "downs", but I went with cable and saved my pennies for a
router.  UMAX offers a pretty good router for around $250.  A router is even
a fairly wise investment for DSL.  BTW, the UMAX cable router works with DSL
also :).