Need Help: Linux Client - Roadrunner Cable Modem - Sy gate

Chris Midkiff cmidkiff at ladybaltimore.com
Fri Oct 22 19:15:40 CDT 1999

I'm doing the same thing in reverse...  I use ipchains on linux to get
my winblows machines to the net.  RR gives you static IP address for DNS
Servers, even though your own address is dynamic.  Check your IP
configuration on the host winders machine, the IP address(s) for your
DNS should be listed there.  If not (Using DHCP to retrieve your DNS
Servers) then just run winipcfg on the windows machine.  The "More Info"
button will list your DNS Servers.  Just type these into your linux
machine as static DNS Servers.  Everything should be cool...

cmidkiff at kc.rr.com
cmidkiff at ladybaltimore.com