Status o' muh KCLUG web site project thingy...

Derek Moore derekm at hackunix.org
Sat Oct 16 05:39:12 CDT 1999

Hey...

I just thought I'd update everybody on my status of working on the web
site. It's actually coming along pretty well. I don't really have any
content written up yet. And I haven't really worked on any solid graphics
yet either.

But I have finished writing up the dynamic engine that's most likely gonna
run the site. It's uberly flexible and has all sorts o' neato little
things in it, with tons more neato little things to be added as I get
content.

I'm hoping it'll be at least on par with the quality of the look and feel
of Linux.com. *grin*

If ya wanna check out the source of what I've gotten done so far then
visit:

	http://biohazard.hackunix.org/~derekm/

There'll be a bunch o' .phps files. They're the PHP3 source files. You can
just view those and see the source formatted all pretty like.

Basically here's how it works. index.php3 will setup everything, increment
the counter, and get all the proper variables in order. It'll determine
what file you are requesting and from what section, then it'll suck that
file in and process it. content.php3 [or $file.php3, depending] will then
suck in and process header.php3 which is basically gonna be an HTML
document with some dynamic PHP3 stuffs in it, depending on what we want to
do. Then it'll spew out all it's specific content. Lastly, it'll suck in
footer.php3 and process it.

And the URLs will be formed like:
http://www.kclug.org/?section=_section_here_&file=_file_here_
... or just ...
http://www.kclug.org/?section=_section_here_

If ya really wanna see how it's done then read the source. If you don't
know PHP3 but you know Perl, then read the source anyhow, you'll
understand it.

G'night,

/*  Begin Signature File  */
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
@sig = ("Derek Paul Moore",
        "derekm at hackunix.org",
        "I don't do Microsoft.",
        "I started with nothing & I still have most of it left.");
print ("$sig[0]n$sig[1]n$sig[2]n$sig[3]n");
/*   End Signature File   */