Open Source Expo - Columbia, MO

Steven Holdener sholdener at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 9 22:41:51 CDT 1999

Hello all.

As mentioned at the meeting on Wednesday, the Mizzou Linux Users Group (
http://www.mlug.missouri.edu ) is putting together an Open Source Expo
on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus on Sunday, October 24.

I was a member of MLUG last year, and my computer was part of a Parallel
Computing cluster (client-server fractal generation).  This year's expo
is much bigger, with Eric Raymond (author of fetchmail) as the keynote
speaker.

The website is:

http://expo.missouri.edu

If you are new to Linux, bring your box!  They will provide keyboards,
monitors, and mice to save you that trouble.  Also, bring any questions
you may have about the various distributions of Linux, the open-source
movement in general, etc.

Finally, as if this wasn't enough, how 'bout the *Quake Arena*?  :-)

I will be there for sure.  I hope to see many KCLUG'ers there, as well.
Perhaps carpooling would be a good idea?

-Steve Holdener