proveit.com

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Jun 10 12:39:54 CDT 2011

I was recently referred to a skills testing site, proveit.com.  They have a
number of Linux skills tests available - all of which can only be taken in
Internet Explorer running on Windows.

It occurs to me that yes, there is a world where all the admins run Windows
and manage their Linux systems and servers with putty, or more likely vnc or
a web interface.  I'm sure this is more common in the "enterprise" Linux
world than in my experience.

Besides the tests working only in Windows, they say that they were tested in
Firefox 2.0 and IE6 - the latter being a notorious security hole that
Microsoft has struggled in vain to get rid of.

Anyway, just so you know, anybody citing proveit.com testing as evidence of
Linux knowledge is pulling your leg.