No subject

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 07:05:45 CDT 2011

I occasionally run into sites that haven't got a clue they are running on the Internet and want to do bizarre things with my printer interface.

Some sites check your browser user agent string, but then use multiple addresses that possibly also check the string. Have you tried changing your user agent string both per site and globally? It may be that the sites require a windows-only DDE/ActiveX/WhateverOtherNewNamemMSGivesIt program to print. Like Coupons.com apparently does.

If changing your global browser string doesn't help and private browsing doesn't work, you only real option is to complain. Bizarre that coupon sites which are geared for savvy shoppers would be so clueless to the savviest coupon in all of the PC world. The Linux coupon.

Jack