Stream audio from computer to android

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 01:56:28 CST 2010

I'm apparently looking to do the opposite of what the rest of the world
wants to do. I'm interested in using my android phone (2.1) as an audio sink
for my computer and create a sort of poor-mans bluetooth headset. I've
already got the phone setup with Boxee WiFi Remote, and the next logical
step is to just go ahead and use the phone to hear the audio
too. There's all sorts of A2DP tutorials out there for making a computer
receive the stream from the device by mimicking a headset. I can't find a
source for getting the phone to do that. I'm sure once the phone broadcasts
that it can receive A2DP the computer should just pick it up as another
audio device. Anyone done it or have an idea where to look? Should I try
streaming PulseAudio over WiFi and somehow tuning in to that with the phone?

Jon.