Drawing/Writing Tablets in GNU+Linux

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:28:57 CST 2010

I'm looking for input from people who have used drawing tablets in
GNU+Linux. (I'm not talking about tablet PCs, but about the input
device you use with an electronic pen.  An example is a Wacom Tablet.)

I've used the DigiPro WP8060 USB tablet I got off woot.com some time
ago.  I thought it was OK, for the $40 it cost me, but I'm now looking
for one for annotating work documents.

I have used the program 'Xournal', but am also looking for advice if
anyone has used similar software.  Documents will arrive in docx or
pdf format, and need to go out on one of those two as well.  I like
how Xournal saves all annotation work in a separate .xoj file and
allows removal of individual strokes at a later time.

This tablet will be used at a desktop, so weight and power are not a
concern.  It is not likely to be used for artwork, so pressure
sensitivity is also not a concern.