MythTV questions

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:39:28 CDT 2009

I don't have much advice to offer for Myth, but if you want a bit
torrent client to be on the box, I would recommend TorrentFlux-B4RT
strongly.  It by default, can do RSS feeds of torrents.  It's entirely
web based.  It uses bitornado for the actual torrenting.  You pick a
range of ports and you can run one torrent for each port. You can
submit .torrent files by their url, or upload them on the web
interface.

Try it out at http://TorrentFlux-b4rt.bcrook.com with the username and
password "kclugdemo".  (I will be deleting that temp account in a
week.)

I also have a shell script if anyone's interested, that you can use to
add a torrent to the queue from the cli.  Install doesn't take much
longer than half an hour.  I would however, recommend doing the
torrenting from a public facing host, and rsyncing to the myth box, or
mounting the torrent downloads directory from the myth box if your
network is fast enough.