MythTV questions

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Sep 17 08:19:40 CDT 2009

I finally got my network run over to the MythTV box a couple days ago.  I ran updates on the PC and added a couple myth plug-ins that I did not get a chance to choose at install.

I know this is weird, but I don't have a TV capture card in this PC.  I have digital satellite and like digital cable, the tuner in the cards are not capable of getting all the channels and require a descrambler box.  I don't want to mess with an IR blaster and training the family how to use the device.

What I do want to do is start getting torrents of TV episodes to the box.  Is there anything in MythTV to download torrents?  I saw something about RSS feeds, but haven't a clue about getting that going.  I think I loaded a myth plugin for a feed reader.   How do I find the feeds or what is the best way to go about finding episodes of a couple shows like Heroes, Mentalist, Dexter, Robot Chicken, etc. including past seasons and getting them into the  MythTV database/interface?

I'm not sure that a torrent program loaded, so I'll have to verify that or get one.   I've downloaded torrents before, but the key is to get them into MythTV to make it easier for everyone else.

The other thing is that I loaded a plugin for using game emulators within MythTV, called MythGame.  Do I have to load the emulators separately via the apt-get process?   Any idea how to import the game ROMs.   Someone gave me a couple burned CDs full of game ROMs a few years ago and as soon as I find them, I like to get those classic games running.

Brian Kelsay