Router Problem

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:03:23 CST 2009

Log in to the WGR614 and turn dhcp serving off.  Then set it's ip to
something static, inside the subnet the WRT54g provides.  Then, move
the cable that links it to the WRT to one of the computer ports, and
leave the uplink port empty.  That's probably the simplest way to
solve this, and what I did for a while with another netgear router
that didn't have "pass thru" mode or any option to act only as an
access point without nat.

CIFS should actually work even through NAT so long as the client is
inside, and the server is outside.  What won't work is "browsing" the
network, as that relies on broadcasted advertisements that the client
caches.