starting new flamefest NOW

James Sissel jimsissel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 11:41:53 CDT 2008

But if Obama takes all our guns away how will we test bulletproof linux? ;)

  Bulletproof Linux: Fact or Fiction?
  http://www.esecurityplanet.com/views/article.php/3389291

Adrian Griffis <adriang63 at gmail.com> wrote:
  David, surely this is the wrong place for this thread

To all of you, I must say that I do not understand why this kind of
contempt for those who have signed up for this list is so common and
so well tolerated. These off-topic posts are essentially spam. They
are not what people were signing up for when they joined this list.
The fact that these topics are important is beside the point. If
these topics are important, surely they deserve their own mailing
lists, and surely we should let our audience make their own decisions
about whether or not to join those other lists. Once an audience has
made their choices about what topics to participate in, it is
difficult for me to understand why so many on this list won't respect
those decisions. As much as many of you may see importance in some of
these topics, is it really up to you to overrule the decisions that
others have made and impose these discussions on them?

Adrian