Semi-OT: Congress about to limit artists' copyright rights

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Sat May 31 20:14:37 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Christofer C. Bell
<christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is where you lose any and all right to speak on this topic.  Your gross
> characterization of artists and authors as "greedy"

My oh my, you should read before you respond to something in haste.  I
specified greedy when I did because I wasn't talking about all artists
at those times, just the greedy ones.

> and your obviously myopic view that something like the BSD license
> is applicable to an oil painting on canvas, or a poem written on paper,

You, Chris, are making this more complicated than it has to be.  My
view was very much in focus.  If you put on your glasses and read what
Arthur wrote, he was the one implying he'd license it under GPL or
BSD.  Thatpretty well implies it is not an oil painting or poem, but
software in the case about which I was speaking.