DSL link aggregation?

Greg Brooks gregb at west-third.com
Tue May 6 21:37:55 CDT 2008

Anyone successfully used link aggregation to combine two ADSL lines for
greater outbound bandwidth?

Because it's asymmetrical bandwidth, I'm fine for inbound speed. but I need
to regularly move large files to FTP, and it's becoming an issue.

So, if I'm moving data from a single user (me) to a single point (an FTP
site), does link aggregation double my bandwidth? I understand how it would
work in multi-users-to-the-net environments, but can't quite get how (or if)
it would work in this scenario.

I really don't want to pay the $1025/mo for a T1 line to the house, but it's
my only other option.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg