Usenet

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:20:21 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can I have your entire collection of PRINTED BOOKS?  After all, you are sitting there claiming that anyone using "outdated technologies" should give them up and move to something newer, say something created in the 1990s.
>
> Printed books are even older than Usenet NEWS, so I'm just assuming you must hate books now.

I can't use my laptop comfortably while sitting on the toilet, so
there's still a use for printed works.  Nice try, but again this is a
logical fallacy (this one is called a "straw man").

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a