Usenet going bye bye

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 12:39:57 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> However, condemning and ending Usenet because Usenet can easily be used to distribute child pornography is rather like condemning and ending Bittorrent because it can easily be used to pirate music and movies.  Tools with both legal and illegal uses shouldn't be banned solely on the possibility that they could be used for illegal purposes.

Well, the excuse might be child pornography, but I can guarantee the
the reason is due to expense.  I bet the ISPs have been looking for a
reason to jettison USENET for a long time now (sorry Adrian, can't do
it any more).

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a