Networking question - perhaps OpenWrt might be the right tool?

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:51:55 CDT 2008

This has me sort of hung. I have to get wifi coverage to the
campground as there is a demand for it.
My DSL interface is a Westell 327W in the store back room. See map for
detail. listed later.
The issue is when connecting access points to the ethernet ports of
that Westell the AP does not seem configurable with DHCP and auto DNS
pass thru. Any suggestions will be possibly rewarded with free camping
etc if they work! Here's some more in

The 2 main questions I lack answers for are- how to take an ethernet
connection from that 327w and remote it to an AP which then would
serve DHCP with DNS to both that AP itself and any repeaters.  I own 3
DWL-900AP+ and  2 DWL-800AP+ repeaters.

The desired layout is to have local cloud around the store on the
Westell 327w, One of the 900's aimed as a spot beam to sites 1-5,also
being visible to the snack bar. thence an ethernet bridged device to
feed another 900 around the pool in omni with 2 of the 800's as
repeaters to fil in the rest of the sewer sites  See the map at our
site to show  geographical site details:

http://campdownunder.com/map.php

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645