ITEC

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:49:32 CDT 2007

On 9/29/07, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.  If the system requirement for Beryl is that
> close to the system requirement for Aero, then that
> might defeat the entire purpose of having Beryl at ITEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero#Requirements

A GF2 card should function ok.  Beryl should do well on a full GF3 or
4 or better card.  My personal examples were with the GeForce derived
& budget oriented OEM MX-series cards.  Like I posted, a non-MX nVidia
should do Beryl fine.  My GF2 MX200 card is an old slow 32MB 64-bit
wide SDR setup.  Plainly, it sucks.  The GF4 MX 440 is roughly on par
with the 2 generations-previous GF2 Ti chips.  My point of it was that
even the wide spread of CPU power between a mid-end P3 (933MHz) and a
decent P4 (2.8 Ghz HT) still didn't make up for having an anemic video
card.