ITEC

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:59:00 CDT 2007

On 9/27/07, Christopher A. Bier <chris.bier at cymor.com> wrote:

>     Who will be able to man the booth?  Which CDs and other stuff will we
> give out?  What cool tech do we want to display?

I've asked for the 6th-9th  as vacation days, which should be approved with
no problem.

I think Ubuntu is the perfect thing to give out to newbies, and it was
really popular last year.  I doubt we'll be able to get 7.10 in time.  Can
we get a few boxes of 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) so we don't have to spend our money
making those CDs (and maybe do some FOSS for Windows "Gateway Drug" CDs
instead)?  I forget who the (K)Ubuntu dev is on the list.  It would be best
to have them in the possession of someone who's definitely going to be there
by our Oct 16 meeting at the latest.

Speaking of meetings, for the first time ever, Day One of ITEC will be a LUG
meeting day!  I don't know if this will be good or bad for attendance.

KC ITEC