ITEC

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:10:37 CDT 2007

If it ever actually hits the open market and someone local ends up
with one, the ASUS Eee PC would be something cool to show off.  It's a
very low cost ($199-$399) Ultra Mobile PC that is supposed to run a
custom Xandros install on SSD - the only spinning part is the fan.
The Linux install is the default config, though they might also ship
with a driver CD for WinXP.  I've been salivating for a chance to see
one hands on for a while now.  They "might" ship by mid-Oct.  It would
be pretty nice to show "hot new tech" at the show while also
showcasing the Linux that it runs.

http://www.eeeuser.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC

Jon.