OS-X

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Wed May 16 11:59:34 CDT 2007

The Intel Macs didn't originally ship with any form of BIOS, and the
newer ones only have a BIOS compatibility module in the EFI system. The
only reason they added the BIOS mod was so geeks could dual-boot OSX
with more traditional x86 OSes.

The Intel version of OSX wont boot on anything but specialized EFI
systems. People have done hacking to both OSX and EFI implementations to
get OSX running on non-standard hardware. At least one fellow managed to
get OSX to run mostly stable on a hacked Dell laptop. As far as I know,
there are no working EFI implementations that aren't based on an Intel
chip (Intel did make EFI after all), and so the system must be Intel
based to run OSX, regardless of if its Mac hardware or not.

Not sure what exactly this has to do with the original post, but then
again I have yet to determine what the goal of the original post was...

~Bradley Hook