Framing web pages

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Wed Mar 28 21:34:18 CDT 2007

Did everyone see this Slashdot that is perfectly on this topic?
http://politics.slashdot.org/politics/07/03/28/0236232.shtml

      John McCain's MySpace Page "Pranked"

Several readers let us know about a little problem with presidential
hopeful John McCain's MySpace page <http://www.myspace.com/johnmccain>.
Looks as though some staffer didn't read the fine print of the "credit"
clause when selecting a template for the page. The template author and
CEO of Newsvine <http://www.newsvine.com/>, Mike Davidson, noticed this
and didn't care too much. But the McCain page was pulling an image from
Davidson's site, costing him bandwidth every time someone visited the
candidate's MySpace page. So Davidson changed the image in question to
read: "Today I announce that I have reversed my position and come out in
full support of gay marriage... particularly marriage between two
passionate females." Here is Davidson's account of the "immaculate hack"
<http://mike.newsvine.com/_news/2007/03/26/633799-hacking-john-mccain>.