Display flickering

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 22:57:56 CDT 2007

Every once in a while, on average once every ten or so seconds, my display
flickers black and comes right back.  Almost like what I would expect if I
were changing resolutions, but the resolution is not changing and I have no
idea what causes this.  The video chipset is nvidia quadro fx2500 w/512mb.
The driver is nvidia's latest (1.0-9755).  Xorg is at 7.1.1 (70101000).  I'm
running FC6 on kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.6.1.fc6.jwltest.27 on a core2duo.
The display is the laptop display, and while I haven't tried with an
external, I am reasonably sure it's not the display.  It happens when the
laptop is idle or in use.  It happens with or without beryl.  It happens on
JWL's testkernel and without.  JWL is a redhat kernel devel, and his patch
enables my PCIE wireless card.  I've only seen it while in X, but that's
99.9% of time anyway.

What's a good place on the system to look to figure out what the glitch is?
People look to this system as an example of Linux, and I hate to have them
think it's that sketchy.