Supplemental question: Preferred *NIX for chrooted apache?

cragos at gmail.com cragos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:55:46 CDT 2007

Are there any OSes out there that make it simple to install and
automatically update a chrooted, full-featured apache install?  I'm
aware of how to do it in Gentoo and Ubuntu, and I've seen it done in
FreeBSD, but I've never seen it done in a manner that allows the OSes
package management system to still be used.

If not, will a dually P3 with a half-gig of RAM and a couple 7200RPM UW SCSI
drives be enough of a machine to run my apache, php, etc daemons in
User Mode Linux or under Xen without a hiccup?

Not planning on trying to get slashdotted or dugg anytime soon, and I
can probably arrange to get mirrored in a couple of places if I see
something like that coming.

Thanks,
Sean Crago