OpenOffice

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Mon Mar 12 13:16:00 CDT 2007

Kyle Sexton wrote:
> This probably isn't the best answer, but do you have a backup of any of
> the files?  If so then I think the OpenOffice format is basically just a
> zip file.

They are Java Archive files (jar files).
You can use `jar -xf document.odt` to extract the innards, and from
there everything is in XML. You would probably be interested in the
settings.xml file, and you can find the printer settings by searching
for "PrinterSetup". Unfortunately, the info in this particular tag is
base64 encoded and I have absolutely no clue what the value means.

~Bradley