Political Blather

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jan 22 15:33:30 CST 2007

A Snow Penguin is off topic, but this intense exposure of sociological
ignorance isn't?

Windows sells because Windows works.  Most of the time, for most people, who
need it specifically for one thing or another.  Linux can be made to work
better if a) you're very lucky or b) you are or have access to a Linux guru.

My dad tried Linux - I think it was a Knoppix disk I sent him - and he
couldn't get his printer to work.  That's a deal killer - and probably a
permanent loss of a potential user.  Not everybody would have an easier time
using a Linux computer, even one running Gnome.

There's a reason there isn't a "College of Conservative Arts".