Game for everyone to try

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Apr 13 10:04:42 CDT 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 09:14:28 am Kyle Sexton wrote:
> I just started a game where I work that's turned out to be pretty fun.  Try
> to find the oldest posting you've made on Google.  Posts have to come from
> Google's main page, not any of the subsections (i.e. Groups).  Currently
> the oldest I can find from myself is January of 1999, so I don't go too far
> back. ;)

Interesting, and interesting how quickly it changes.  Last time I googled my
nick, I was in most of the hits on the first page, including a post to a
samba list from March 2000.  Now I'm buried in twenty pages of hits, and
couldn't even find that one without some additional keywords.  It's been may
be six months at most.  Lots of new "jhutchins" are getting active I guess.

I can, however, claim a pretty old post:  Something I wrote for a FIDONet Echo
back before the internet went public is archived on-line.