Free Online Taxes

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Apr 2 14:51:09 CDT 2007

I've used Tax Act in Firefox on both Windows and Linux successfully.  I
believe you need javascript and cookies enabled.  I've started in
Windows and then finished in Linux.  There were some problems in Firefox
last year or the year before and so I submitted bug reports so their
Firefox support could improve.  I think I've used them for the last 3
years.
www.taxact.com
Federal e-filing is free to all, but you can upgrade to get more online
help and hints to save money.  To file state costs money.  So I went to
the MO Dept. of Revenue and they had a PDF that let you put in info and
print the result for free.  I then printed that and mailed it off.  I
did that under Windows with Acrobat so YMMV under Linux.  It was not the
greatest, but will perhaps improve in future years.

Always print hardcopies for your own records and save 5 years worth of
tax filing.

Brian Kelsay

  _____