OT: Old Computer Book Recycling?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 18:42:19 CDT 2007

I've come to the realization that I should be clearing
out quite a lot of older books off my shelves.  While
I could just haul the lot off to a thrift store and be
done with it, I'm sitting here looking at the books
and thinking "how are they going to sell these?"  I
don't want to just shift the problem onto someone
else, and certainly not a charitable organization I
already think has way too much work.  Of course,
stuffing them into a landfill isn't much better.

Books like "Teach Yourself Macintosh in 24 Hours:
Covers System 8!", "Adobe Photoshop 2.5 - Classroom in
a Book", and "Quick Guide To CorelDraw 5!", will not
fly off the shelves, not even off the shelves of
thrift stores.

Does anyone know of a paper recycler which will handle
the plastic-like paper of computer books?  I'm looking
at a trunk full of these books and I'd like to be able
to take them somewhere where the contents or the paper
will do some good.