linux distro for laptop

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 18:54:40 CDT 2006

I'll agree with Ubuntu as well.  I put it on an old Toshiba Tecra
8000, and 6.06 had found the thermal controls, audio, video
(eventhough there is no 3D accell for the NeoMagic chipet it runs),
the Dell OEM Orinoco PC Card, etc.  I added a "vga=792" to the grub
configs so that it will always have a full screen console in a normal
boot.  Otherwise it's been mostly running fine as-is.  Of course it's
only a P2 300, but with 256MB RAM it's comfortable.  I also put 6.06
PC on a B&W G3 Mac.  It installed and recognized most things fine as
well.  There is not accell support for ATI cards on PPC, so the stock
66MHz PCI video sucks, but such is life.

Jon.