Organizing for ITEC

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 06:39:13 CDT 2006

--- RtX <riverty at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sometimes I think the biggest hurdle Linux
> has is convincing people that good (great)
> software CAN BE FREE or low cost. They have
> this stigma that if it's free, it's probably
> junk and would rather pay a fantastic amount
> of money for MS Office because it makes them
> feel better.

This problem isn't helped by those "99 cent software"
remainder boxes in various stores.  For just 99 cents
you can get a software application written for
Windows98 (or a formerly shareware application written
for WindowsXP) which is total crap compared to
something worth $39.95 or more.  One 99 cent CD
purchase and your average person will decide that
cheap equals junk, and that free must be even worse.