MapLinx or ESRI Buisness Map OSS Replacement

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Nov 20 10:55:08 CST 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 10:34, Oren Beck wrote:
> Hardly to be considered as flamebait. Consider it as FUD suppressing.
> Let's get real folks ! We currently have a reactionary and repressive to
> divergent lifestyles society. Saying otherwise is dishonest. Proceeding from
> that flat fact?

Actually, we have a society that is *too* tolerant of not just "divergent",
but flat out immoral lifestyles. While many people still might know enough to
avoid queers, they often tolerate evils such are extramarital affairs
(especially pre-marital) and contracepted "marriage". But now this is getting
quite off-topic for a LUG...

> Again- dare we underestimate how strident a "voice" gets raised  if the
> story is Grody? *I* am the LAST person to advocate censorship of any sort.
> But care in associations formed seems just simple prudence. The example
> first coming to mind is a keyword search  on KCLUG by a soccer  mom.
> She sees aforementioned link bearing page.-ABSENT a NSFW etc tag.
> She opens it up-gasps- in attempt to flee she sees the next
> page's "pincushion" image. She then tells the social circles she lives in
> that Linux or OSS or whatever keyword She was researching is entertained
> largely by THAT image. Nice public image eh?

Do you think a "NSFW" tag would make any difference in that situation?