What is the modern "Floppy-Based" router based on?

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Mar 2 08:39:39 CST 2006

<rant>
Yes, they would.  They would use cans and string as a communications
device, if they thought they could get away with it.  They'd use the
original DivX disks that self-destruct after so many plays or time-limit
reached.  If they could remotely destroy PCs with pirated software, they
would. If they can steal an idea or a piece of software from a small
company, they will.  They would and have knowingly sent out code that
has not been stress-tested or checked for security flaws only to come
back later and service pack it when they had time, after there was a
major vulnerability found.  Anyone that has actually read the EULA knows
that their software is not necessarily fit for the task that they sell
it for and that you may not be able to sue them if it breaks and you
lose business.
</rant>

<snip>
>  Apparently Microsoft felt that a DMF disk was more
>than adequate for "irreplaceable" software, especially given
>that they did not include any tools in Windows to create
>backup 1.680MB disks for their software (probably to curb
>software piracy).
>
>I remember installing Windows95 and (pre-SE) Windows98 from
>these same 1.680MB floppies.

<snip>