OT: Mac OSX, Squirrelmail question

Don Erickson derick at zeni.net
Thu Sep 29 14:27:50 CDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Rob Becker wrote:

> Shouldn't the server sent mail from it's configured
> hostname?

I don't think that this is a mailer issue, I think it's probably a
squirrelmail issue.  I have no OSX specific advice, but:

In squirrelmail's config.php (maybe /etc/squirrelmail/config.php?  BSD
puts some packages in /opt I believe) check the value of $domain.

If you want everything to be user at students.kcai.edu, set

$domain = 'students.kcai.edu';

or maybe

$domain = implode('', file('/etc/hostname'));

The real question is, how does squirelmail know that it's on the
"squirrelmail" host?  When you find that out, you've solved the problem.

Regards,

-Don