KCLUG Polos

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sat Sep 10 21:34:56 CDT 2005

> I have a friend who runs a computerized embroidery
> operation from his house. He's done Polo shirts,
> jackets, and hats for me.
> He does very good work.
> I'm not sure what he would need to create the Penguin
> logo for us. Those machines use special formats. He
> can convert into those formats, but I'd have to
> contact him to find out what he would need from us.
> I'll ask him about it when I see him Sunday.

My grandparents run a embroidery/garmet embellishment business out in
California.  They have a special application that when you open an image
file, you can draw/trace stitch patterns on top of it.  He called the
process "digitizing."  I created my own /. polo that way. ;)  I'm guessing
the file format is proprietary to the embroidery machine and it's
associated computer application, but probably just contains the
coordinates for each stitch, changing to a different color thread, etc.

Jeremy