debian kernels

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 17:34:06 CDT 2005

Anyone ever successfully installed a debian kernel
pacakge?

I've been trying to compile a specific kernel module.

So far no luck. So now I'm compiling and installing a
kernel from sources.

All because I want my scanner to work in debian. Funny
it used to work out of the box in other distros, but
in debian it is installing some funky wrong module.
Granted it is a parallel port scanner.

<rant>
I have another scanner, which I just bought, but it
won't work in Linux, so I need to build a M$ box so I
can scan in my medium format negatives. Then I'll
start working on finishing the experimental driver for
the scanner.
</rant>

Thanks,

Brian JD