[OT] Katrina

raldenfranklin at everestkc.net raldenfranklin at everestkc.net
Sat Sep 3 23:58:02 CDT 2005

 Jason Clinton wrote:

>Well, this post is decidedly off-topic but the horror of watching th=
e worst in=20
>humanity unfold over the past week as left me feeling like doing mor=
e. That's=20
>why I'm posting this request for donations. If you would like to con=
tribute,=20
>I would like to pass along this recommendation:
>
>http://www.americares.org/
>
>The recommendation comes from several organizations which I respect:
>* the Council for Secular Humanism
>* the Center for Inquiry
>* Skeptical Inquirer
>* The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Pa=
ranormal

>I am intentionally not recommending the Red Cross due to their handl=
ing of=20
>money received for victums of the terrorist attacks in 2001.
> =20

Thank you, Jason.

good recommendation. one may also consider:
http://www.directrelief.org/

" Direct Relief International is a non-profit, non-political, and non=
-sectarian organization that provides assistance without regard to ra=
ce, ethnicity, political or religious affiliation, gender, or ability=
 to pay. We are committed to making every dollar count =96 less than =
1% of our support goes to administrative and fundraising expenses".

Peace,
Rick