LCD repair?

David Ambs dave at ambs.net
Mon Nov 28 12:58:40 CST 2005

Anyone here handy enough to do LCD repair? To make a long story short, I
get no display on my laptop anymore... well, I get a tad, but seems the
backlight isn't kicking on. I figure I'd buy a backlight and replace it
for the heck of it.<tearing that display apart was a damn learning
experience.... why does it take 500+ screws to hold this thing together?!>
  Still no light coming on. I can see the display on the
LCD very faintly, so I know something is getting out there. Could it be
the power inverter that is going out as well? Is there any way to test
that? I'd hate to keep buying random parts until it fixes it. Are there
any local shops that would fix it? It may be easier to have someone else
fix it then me mess with it forever =]

Thanks for any responses
-dave

public key at http://www.ambs.net/~encieno/encieno.gpg.key