posting rules reminder

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Nov 20 20:47:52 CST 2005

On Sunday 20 November 2005 07:01, Rick wrote:
> Rick: Honestly, I've been doing this a fair amount of time just like
>         everyone else, and I have yet to see a valid argument for why bottom
>         posting is better.

Luke: "bottom" posting makes more sense for discussions. If one is to
          summarize or reply generally, it's probably better to top-post or
          maybe even just reply w/o any past content (though that only works
          with threading)

> Rick: To the contrary, I've always seen it as a huge pain, *especially*
>         with multiple levels of reply (which I try to avoid altogether).

Luke: If the discussion is long enough and involves multiple people, then I
         can see how it could confuse you when trying to determine who said
         what... but in the end, does it really matter *who* said it? What
         matters is *what* was said.

Luke: So, how about this style of replies? Takes a bit more effort, but it's
         certainly more readable than anything else...