posting rules reminder

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 15:07:39 CST 2005

--- Jason Dewayne Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:

> Over the years we have established ad-hoc posting
> rules. Many things are still debated but the ones
> we agreed on are:
>
> * Do not top post. Put your reply below the quoted
> parts of the message.

While I can easily agree with trimming the quoted text
to relevant information, reformatting replies, and
keeping line lengths under a minimum length, top
posting allows one to see a short answer quickly and
easily without having to wade through the rest of the
posting to find the reply.

The only time when top posting should be avoided is if
there are replies to multiple parts of the posting.
Then one should reply to each part right below each
part.