posting rules reminder

L. Adrian Griffis adrian at nerds.org
Sat Nov 19 18:46:42 CST 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Jim Herrmann wrote:
> This was never agreed to.  I recall a huge debate about it, and it was never
> resolved.  Top posting is WAY more easy to read.  :-P

Top posting is much harder to read, is a sign of poor taste, and
is surely a crime against humanity, in some way.  If Hitler were
alive, I'm sure he would top post.  8-)

But I don't think we need to make a rule about it.  Those of us
who know better can simply look down on those who don't.  Isn't
that punishment enough.

Seriously, I think we'll all live less stressful lives if we
avoid setting out on missions to control each other's behavior.
Top posting is bad, folks, but surely it doesn't rise to the
level of something bad enough to warrant a rule.  And as
someone else pointed out, there are mail user agents that
don't give users the option to do anything but top post.

Adrian