Somewhat OT: Top 500 list

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Nov 17 11:21:08 CST 2005

I know that finding primes and cracking encryption is not considered
sexy, but that is one basic thing you can use to test your computing
cluster.  After that you could move to the SETI client, folding at home,
one of the other protein folding clients.   Those  folding clients may
actually help people down the road.

Start here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/gferg/ldp/Distributed-Computing-HOWTO/  for a
list of projects.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.  - Robert X.
Cringely