Has my server been hacked?

Matt Graham linux at bizniche.com
Sun Nov 13 09:08:08 CST 2005

Hi.  I got this email (below) from someone saying that my server is
attacking theirs.  They used my IP in the subject line as well.

Is this what happens when a system is rooted?  If I suspect that this has
happened, is my best option to reinstall?

Matt

Hello,     I am not sure if you are aware that your server is conducting a
vulnerability search and is continually hitting my server.  I am guessing
that you are unaware of it since the attacking IP is riddled with personal
pictures of your self and your sister.     Could you please look into this
ASAP.     Grant.

matt at bizniche.com
http://themdg.org