[OT] dynamic resolution web sites

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Nov 8 08:33:52 CST 2005

On my work PC, I can't view this image on IE
6.0.2800.1106xpsp2.050301-1526 after installing Adobe's SVG viewer.  I
do see that there is a box with a disabled scrollbar and I see the text.

I have Firefox 1.07 also, which doesn't have a plug-in AFAIK.  I don't
want to update this browser until it comes out of Beta.
Mozilla 1.7.8 shows text only.
K-Meleon 0.9 shows text only.
Netscape 4.7 shows nothing
Netscape 8.0.4 shows text only.  No plug-in.
Mozilla 1.7.12 shows text only.
Amaya 9.2.2 shows text only.  It is supposed to be able to show SVG, but
it doesn't like that image on your site.

Opera 8.5  Success!!  This is the only browser that actually shows the
image for me.  And it scales!!  I didn't have a previous version of
Opera installed to test, so I don't know how new this feature is.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.  - Robert X.
Cringely