[OT] dynamic resolution web sites

Josh Charles josh.charles at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:22:47 CST 2005

On 11/4/05, Jason Dewayne Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:
> Some of you may remember that some time ago we discussed making websites
> in Flash. At the time I strongly objected and suggested that some day
> SVG would be able to handle the resolution independent rendering which
> Flash offers without all the accessibility problems. Well I'm very
> excited to share that I think that day has finally arrived (or almost
> has).
>
> Firefox 1.5 RC1 was released today and with it comes support for SVG.
> This adds to the list of browsers supporting SVG: Opera and Konqueror
> which is a total of roughly 13% of the browser market. Add to that the
> IE Adobe SVG Plugin for IE6 (85%) and the picture starts to look pretty
> rosy.

The example looks really great.  I was pleased to here that Mozilla /
Firefox can support SVG now, and since I've been working with XForms,
I can see the potential the two together have.  I found the following
article that some of you might be interesting.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/22/svg.html

Jason, what did you use to build the svg file you used in the example?

Josh