OT: Open position, do you know someone?

Frank Wiles frank at wiles.org
Mon May 16 08:25:47 CDT 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:45:04 -0500
Paul Taylor <paul at kcnetcare.com> wrote:

  > If anyone is interested. Someone I know sent this to me. Perfect job
  > to infiltrate then encourage them to be open source fans!

  While I agree with the sentiment, I'm not sure this is the best
  approach.  Considering this company doesn't appear to currently use
  any Open Source software getting them to switch could be very very
  difficult. If anyone does interview there (after the follow ups I
  doubt anyone will) make sure you get a read on how they feel about
  Open Source before getting your hopes up.

  It's best to start with a company that already "gets it" or at least
  has gotten a toe or two wet in the Open Source world.

  In today's world it really shouldn't be necessary to have to do much
  convincing. We're past that stage and our community should really
  begin to act like it. If they don't get it, they don't get it and it's
  their loss.