Commentary On Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 18:34:06 CDT 2005

Well, what you can see is the Hitchhikers movie.  I've
been assured from competent sources that most of the
new stuff (including Arthur's love interest) are the
late Douglas Adams' creations.

I've seen it, and its a competent retelling of the
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy mythos, plus some
extras (the literal "slapstick" is also a Douglas
Adams creation).  The guy from Planet Magrathea wanted
to see the same story again and he was rightfully
disappointed, but if you think of it as a retelling
rather than an attempt to tell the same story, it
works rather well.

My only complaints are that they overused the Vogons,
and Arthur Dent acting more like an American Action
Hero than a British Arthur Dent at the end of the
movie.  He's Arthur Dent, stuff happens to him, he
doesn't happen to stuff!

Watch for cameos by Simon Jones, the original Marvin
body, and Douglas Adams (his head).

--- "Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO"