OT OS issue

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 17:19:59 CDT 2005

--- Garrett Goebel wrote:

> If there's an OSS version of Ghost that works on
> NTFS partitions without
> requiring extensive reading and tweaking, please let
> me know. Funny how
> those proprietary OS's so often require proprietary
> $$$ backup solutions.

Sorry, I don't have the reference for it, but I know
there is an NTFS module/package for Linux and it's
supposedly works well, even with writing. But, I
haven't
tested it, or used it so my knowledge on it is zero.
What we really need is a Windows dll that will replace
the NTFS with ext3 then we can convert all those
Windows filesystems to ext3 and never worry about NTFS
support again.

Also, on the patching issue. Garrett's 100% correct. I
should have included that inbetween steps 2 and 3 and
3 and 4. Sometimes you have to load a manufacturer
patch, then the windows patch and sometimes you then
have to reinstall the vendor patch.  ;')

Brian D.