Sacrificial Linux boxes

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 09:10:11 CST 2005

Sorry, not being clear again. By a sacrificial box,
I mean a box that if the kernel or a driver explodes
and crashes the box nothing important is lost. Also,
since the kernel may crash while testing, hardware
that is somewhat resilient to destruction due to
system crashes that require cold reboots would be
desirable.

I run the 2.6 kernel also and find it to be plenty
stable. I only meant that since the book I'm reading
is specific to 2.6 driver develpoment I want to build
a box on which to develop and want to build one that
can I can sacrifice the files on and can take the
punishment of frequent crashing, hence "sacrificial".

Brian D.